Jul 30, 2009

Fat people on television

I'm down a few pounds...I think my weight ups and downs are simply natural fluctuations. I think I should weigh only once a month. This will take some discipline, but is worth it I think. The first is good.
I looked at that show...can't recall the name. It's like the bachelorette with fat girls. More to Love, that's it. A lot of the women really weren't that fat. They were tall, 5'8" or 5'9" weighing in at around 190.
I'm 5'5". If I go with the five pounds per inch rule, their 190 would be my 170-175. I didn't really consider myself fat at that weight and wouldn't again.
I'm between 212 and 215 now and feel I've lost most of my fat mojo down to pleasingly plump. Those chicks who are miserable and said they felt as if they could never be loved or wanted because of their fat? Sheesh, how unrealistic is that?
Speaking of unrealistic. The kid got the Paul Blart: Mall Cop DVD and I watched alongside her. The movie was predictably terrible, but what struck me is it was basically a running joke on the dim witted fat guy.
Worst, the woman he fell for was more than skinny. She was a twig, a size 0 at most. This is what Americans consider normal. The fat guy got the prize when he got the skinny e.g. beautiful girl. They showed him married previously to a fat woman and she was all things bad and ugly. so even the fat guy won't consider a normal sized girl.
We hardly ever see images of normal sized people in the media unless they are characterized as zaftig or plump. The average normal size in America is size 12 or 14 and the fashion industry considers that plus sized. Something is wrong with this picture.
The skinny women on television irritate me. But the show where they have the fat people dancing is degrading. I can't watch it. The Diva show on Lifetime is good. That is one show with a fat heroine that I recommend.

0 comments: