Jul 25, 2009

Vitamin regimen

I take the basics to start
I'm supposed to take a separate ADEK and was referred to sourcecf.com to get the chewables (children, bubblegum flavor). My doc said the bariatric advantage multis high in ADEK were fine though. I just finished my first bottle.
Those damn things are high priced and taste nasty though. They ring in at about $40 a bottle for a two month supply. I just ordered the multivitmin caps from vitalady.com that don't seem that different as far as nutrients. They run almost $40 (throwing in shipping expense) for a three month supply...a bit better.
I'm swallowing pills better now. I also got six bags of chewable chocolate calcium citrate with D, ten bucks a bag, but I bought five and got one free. Once these are done, I think I'm going to the Calcium Citrate pills at Wal-mart. They run $15 for a twenty day supply (120 pills). They have more D and now I'm swallowing pills now, I'm not crazy about chewables. Or I might keep these bottles as a back up and order some suckable lozenges through vitalady. I have about three bags of chewables left. They're going fast.
Wal-Mart has stand alone dry D now. It's pretty cheap. I'm upping my D even though I don't have those labs yet. can't hurt. I bought the 400IU and the 2000IU. I'm taking an extra 400 with my citrate chews.
As far as iron, I take a Ferro-Sequels (ferrous fumarate) from Wal-greens. It's $22 for a three month supply and I'm pleased with it. It doesn't jack with my stomach or cause me constipation problems like iron has in the past and it seems to be holding my labs fairly steady. 11.9 hgb is great for me.
As far as other supplements, I try to get extra protein, one scoop (18 grams) in my coffee every morning, but I'm working at being more consistent at this. I take 20mg of generic prilosec twice a day.
I don't need my diabetic stuff, insulin and pills, or my high blood pressure meds anymore!
I ordered Omega 3 from cormega from vitalady because of my RA because of its anti inflammatory properties. Hope it helps. I also take curcumin with piperine once a day because it might have a protective effect because of my fat loss which releases toxins and its anti inflammatory properties.

0 comments: