Jul 26, 2009

Rich Curried Chicken

This is my first attempt at one of my own recipes. I generally am not a measure sort of cook, so amounts are estimated.

Chop up 4 potatoes,
2 onions and
2 or 3 apples, depending on size. Cook these until almost soft in a stick of real butter.

(This recipes is NOT low fat. But we DSers can snarf all the fat we want).

I added about eight boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into strips. You can use breasts if you like. Skinless is best.

Then I added

3T curry powder
2T flour

Stir everything around, brown the chicken to take the pink off and

Pour in 1 can, 14 oz, of coconut milk

Add 1/2 cup raisins (optional) for that yummy unexpected sweetness
and about 1 tsp of red pepper flakes, less if you don't like spicy.

I add a 1/2 cup sour cream
and about a cup of water
and simmer for a while to meld all the flavors together, at least half an hour...

Add 1/2 cup green peas or garbanzo peas to finish.

Yum!

0 comments: