Jul 26, 2009

My old time eighties stomach staple

I had this in 1982. I was around 22. What I remember most is how abusive my surgeon was. They served me a soft diet, bland meal and I nibbled on it. When he came to see me, he threw a tantrum. he left me in tears.
In nursing school, I was working the OR and the same asshole threw a piece of bloody, cancerous colon at a nurse for not being fast enough with the bowl. He needed his butt whipped in a big way.
I was young, I tolerated the surgery well and healed quickly.
I'd battled weight my entire life, since childhood. It was the one thing out of my control. I had weight loss surgery because it seemed to be the only answer for me. But it was a fail.
The stomach staple simply never worked. When my surgeon went in for a VBG in the mid nineties, they say they saw little evidence that staple lines were ever there.

0 comments: