Sep 11, 2009

Yummy beef and potato chowder

Fall is stew and soup time for me! I made a great soup yesterday and need to finish the leftovers

Beef (cheap cuts), chopped into fine chunks, about a pound. You can use ground beef too if you prefer
A medium onion, chopped
5 large potatoes, grated
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup peas
1/2 cup carrots
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
1 cup half and half
2 cups water
Garlic
Worcestershire sauce
dried parsley

Cook the beef until brown the onions until translucent, add garlic, dried parsley and a dash of Worcestershire sauce. Add the water, carrots, potatoes, and mushroom soup, and cook until done. Then I add the other veggies and the half and half and sour cream. Salt and pepper to taste.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe I am showing my mentality about following recipe's but there is not enough detail to this one and mine turned out like crap! It is to bland nothing cooked properly and I wasted an entire evening cooking this for my hubby! and now he is calling me names and I am crying!! Next time tell us how long to cook the stuff!! and also how much of it to add!!!!!! Dummy :(

Me said...

Sorry! I commented on this on my last post.

I will go over it again. I probably screwed up as I am new at this.

Is hubby really calling you names over a recipe gone wrong (that probably is my fault?

You shouldn't be treated like that. I'm so sorry.

Invite him to cook next time.