Sep 14, 2009

I have a DS sister

She was also a 90's VBG revision to a DS.

We had the same docs, Dunshee and Stewart...they work in pairs.  Stewart worked on me--Dunshee was my primary.  Dunshee worked on her and Stewart was her primary.  They were both trained by Anthone.

I don't know if they do them separately now that they've racked up more experience.  They had done fifty DS's jointly when I had my surgery.  They did the procedure in teams of two surgeons without an extra charge.  They did it lap on DS virgins and would try on revisions, but always cautioned it could be quickly converted to open, especially on a revision.   My DS sister and I both ended up being done open.

She had her surgery a week before me and we were in the same hospital together.  She was 50-75 pounds heavier than me at our surgeries, I don't remember exactly.  She left a few days after I had my surgery.  I was hospitalized for weeks, much longer than her.  

She's lost a lot more weight than I have (100 pounds when I last heard) without my nasty complications at the outset even though we were both revisions.  She's not moaning about dieting either, but seems to eat what she wants within reason.  She had a lot more taste issues than me, but then again, I couldn't eat jack for months and subsisted on tube feedings.  I was so happy to eat once I could finally chow down, taste was the least of my worries.   Getting and keeping it down was my issue.

I write this to let folk know mileage does vary.

0 comments: