Dec 14, 2009

Weight and Eating Report

I lost another pound and a half!  My morning weight is 213.5.  My morning weight before my weight gain was 212.5 so I'm only a pound away from baseline.

This low carb eating is working as far as losing weight.  The protein drinks (I really only like it in hot beverages, usually coffee, caf or decaf, but low cal spiced apple cider packets will work too) make it easier to stick to lower carb eating.

I am eating some carbs in the evening without it stalling my weight loss.  I had chicken, green beans, dressing,  and cranberry sauce for dinner last night.  Got the cravings and dug out a protein bar.  Later realized that it wasn't a low carb one, but one of those Snickers Marathon bars.  Need to buy some Atkins bars.

I woke up starving.  I'm sipping my coffee with whey protein and have a low carb omelet in the oven (2 eggs with 1/2 c half and half and a T of French onion dip, 4 slices of bacon cut up and fried with 1/2 a small onion, and topped with grated sharp cheddar).  Have finally kicked my potato jones to the curb (none in the house except some potato flakes in the pantry).

Why did I have SUCH a hard time doing this--controlling my eating enough to take off the rest of the weight I want to lose?  I don't want to speak too soon, I've only been doing this for a few days--but if I could control my eating reliably, I'd not have needed the surgery.

My immediate goal is to make Onederland.  That would be wonderful.  It would be more wonderful if I could make by my year surgery date.

0 comments: