Nov 5, 2009

Labs drawn today

I saw my surgeon.  I told him about my low vitamin D my rheumy found.  He redid it and ordered a full battery of tests.  I used to be an easy stick, but no more after my weeks and weeks in the hospital.  My veins are a mass of scar tissue.  I hate labs now because I'm usually stuck several times and often end up with a butterfly needle in the hand.  This hurts.  I figure it's poetic justice because I have drawn plenty of blood for other folks that way in my home health days.

My surgeon told me the usual about eating to further my weight loss.  Protein first, then the rest and watch caloric fluids and simple carbs.  I do need to tighten up on my habits.

Halloween has been sort of dicey with the candy.  I'm happy it's over and have gotten most of it out of my house except the candy corn.  Will take that to a friend tomorrow.

I was experimenting to see how my stomach can hold without upchucking.  It's only around 1/3 cup and I can't drink and eat at the same time.

I weigh 213.

Oh, I never mentioned my major DUH moment with my calcium/D supplement.  I was only taking one pill instead of two.  DUH, DUH, DUH.

And I have yet a new diagnosis...asthma.  It's sort of an auto immune thing too?  I have a new inhaler.

0 comments: